How to Get Rid of Acrobat Ants
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers to prevent acrobat ants from foraging for food inside.
- Trim tree and shrubbery branches so that they are not touching the structure and providing a direct path to enter.
- Seal exterior cracks (openings around pipes and utility lines) and crevices in the foundation.
- Check attic vents and repair any damaged screens.
- Move firewood piles away from the home. It may even be necessary to remove a tree stump that the ants have used for a nesting site.
- Place ant baits in areas where acrobat ants are found. Make sure the ants are feeding on the baits and allow the ants to feed for several days to return the bait toxicants to their nests.
- If an area is heavily infested, a perimeter treatment by a pest control professional may be required along the foundation.
- Because the nest can be difficult to locate, it is usually preferable to let a pest control professional treat an acrobat ant infestation.
This winter watch out for: