Atlanta is home to some of the worlds greatest sites and attractions. Millions of visitors flock to the city each and every year with locals taking advantage of having these attractions right in their backyard all year round. Among all the amazing experiences that visitors may encounter, residents of Atlanta can add a bevy of bugs and critters native to the Peach state that they often meet up on a regular basis.
Truly Nolens teams of professional pest experts can treat any bug that may find its way a little too close for comfort. From Kudzu bugs on your car windshield, to Yellow Jackets on the roof of your front porch, Truly Nolen offers a complete range of customized services that address the specific treatment methods needed to keep bugs away.
As you go about your daily activities, Truly Nolen asks the question, whats bugging you Atlanta residents?
The Kudzu Bug is a fairly new resident of Atlanta, cropping up in growing numbers over the last several years. This small, light brown/olive toned bug, is similar to a beetle but has a far more unpleasant characteristic in the form of a foul smelling odor that is emitted once handled or squished. With a high activity during the spring months, Atlanta residents have undoubtedly met up with the Kudzu bug while leaving the house on any given day.
Tips & Prevention
Truly Nolen recommends the following to help keep the stinky Kudzu bug from ruining your day:
- Seal any cracks or small openings on the exterior of your home, especially around door or window frames.
- Keep Kudzu bugs from entering by fixing gaps in screens that lead into the home.
- If Kudzu bugs find their way indoors, it is important to keep a vacuum handy to quickly collect and dispose of the bugs.
- Always contact your local Truly Nolen expert for professional treatment and removal of a Kudzu bug infestation.
As the weather moves from the cool breezes of spring to the hot winds of the summer months, residents may notice an increase in the number of yellow jackets swarming and building nests around their homes. The hot, humid weather of summer time in Atlanta provides the ideal conditions for stinging insect activity and a species of wasp, commonly called the Yellow Jacket in Georgia, is no exception.
Since Yellow Jackets are known to deliver a painful sting, Truly Nolen recommends calling their team of professional pest experts to effectively treat and remove any Yellow Jacket nests that may be in close range of your house.
Tips & Prevention
Areas that are common in Atlanta homes and prone to Yellow Jacket infestation are:
- Crawl spaces
- Hollow trees
- Attics and ceiling voids.
Eastern Subterranean termites are the most commonly found termite in Atlanta. While Atlanta residents may not see the inner workings of this destructive pest, it is exactly for this reason that residents should schedule regular inspections to know what is going on behind the scenes. With a heavy concentration of forested areas and wooden homes and structures, subterranean termites are known for wreaking havoc on the structural integrity of Atlanta homes.
Tips & Prevention
Prevention and consistent monitoring are essential to keeping your home termite free. With Truly Nolens $1 million dollar Total Termite Protection? plan, our termite experts can develop a safe and effective treatment schedule that includes:
- Thorough inspection of interior and exterior areas of the home, especially those prone to high termite levels such as attics and basements.
- Effectively seal any entry points on the outside. Areas that are in close proximity to the foundation of the home should be closely monitored as subterranean termites can enter the home from under the ground.
- Advanced application of treatments and bait can kill termites at their source and prevent future infestations.
Although Atlanta residents may find one too many bugs out and about this summer, the good news is that Truly Nolens team of pest control experts are ready to schedule an appointment to identify, assess, treat and monitor any bug problem you may encounter. Dont let bugs bug you! Contact your Truly Nolen Atlanta pest professional today at (404) 939-7277 to schedule your free inspection.