Happy New Year! Out with the old and in with the new! Yes, its a new year, a chance to wipe the slate clean and start over. All around Atlanta, folks are making resolutions to get in shape and make other positive changes in their lives. While protecting your home from pests might not make the top ten list of popular New Years resolutions, it should definitely be on the list.
From season to season, Atlanta homeowners battle different pests as rodents try to find their way inside your home during the winter and ants during the summer. Getting an early start in protecting your home from pests is a good way to start the year right. Truly Nolen Atlantas Four Seasons approachpest control that protects you throughout the year from season to season, will help you establish a carefully managed pest-free environment year round with both preventative measures and solutions to current pest problems. Heres how it works:
Truly Nolens Four Seasons Program
Effective year round pest control relies on eliminating pests, not only during their active periods, but also by disrupting pest behavioral cycles during dormant periods. Truly Nolen Atlantas Four Seasons pest control program uses a proactive approach, plus an innovative series of high quality materials and treatments. Truly Nolens system works to minimize insect resistance over time.
Winter: Pests Seek Warmth
Because pests will be trying to winter in the comfort of your cozy Atlanta home, Truly Nolen technicians work to deter these pests and eradicate those already hiding in your home. These measures establish long-term diversions to insect infestations all year long. Truly Nolen Atlanta protects your home in the winter by:
- Wiping spider webs from room corners, windowsills and exposed beams, so spiders cant trap food and thrive.
- Applying boron-based powder around door and window frames, inside cracks and crevices and around wall plates and baseboards as well.
- Administering dust treatments in attic and crawl spaces to deter rodents and disease carrying vector insects.
- Positioning ant and roach bait stations under kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- Strategically placing pest monitoring stations in crucial areas to detect and trap intruders.
- Applying material around exterior doors, windows and eaves.
Spring has Sprung!
Come Spring, flowers, plants and trees flourish as temperatures rise, days get longer and everything comes bouncing back to life, including pests. Insects and rodents are bent on increasing their populations in the spring, and for that reason Truly Nolen zeroes in on pests with materials and applications that have been proven to reduce pest reproduction cycles. Technicians focus treatments in the areas where insects live and breed, on the exterior of your home and possible entry points into your home. Trulys proactive stance against pest invasions in the spring involves introducing colony-eliminating materials that establish long-term protection against pest invasions. In the spring, the Four Seasons program shifts into power mode, starting with removing spider webs from the exterior of your property, then Truly technicians:
- Apply dust treatments to exterior entry points, from attic access points to utility box entryways.
- Treat outdoor hot spots, including potential pest living spaces and food sources.
- Power treat your homes foundation and landscape features to form a barrier around your home.
- Place dual-acting granular bait for ant larvae and workers.
- Suppress ant reproduction by application of granular ant bait.
Summer: Pests favorite season
In the summertime, pests go all out, eating and destroying everything in sight. With the increase in temperatures and pest populations in the summer, pests can move around faster and seem less fearful of predators. Truly Nolen Atlanta addresses the change in seasons and pest behavior by treating your landscape and other probable pest habitats with fast-acting products. Your summer Four Seasons process begins with Truly technicians removing spider webs and applying a repellent, followed by:
- Treating outside entry points and hot spots
- Power treating the edges of landscape features and paved surfaces like patios, driveways and walkways.
- Spreading granular bait in mulch, rock beds, thick grass and other areas with decorative landscape features
- Minimizing insect reproduction by applying granular baits in strategic locations.
Fall: A change in the air
After long, hot Atlanta summers, many people look forward to cooler temperatures and the change of seasons. In the fall, pest populations are maturing, collecting reserves for the winter and looking to move into a warm home, like yours, in the greater Atlanta area. When the temperatures drop, pests slow down, and your home is a great place to hide out from predators, do a little hibernating, and wait for spring. Our technicians will repel these pests by creating a barrier to the interior of your home. Truly Nolens skilled technicians caulk and seal all inviting holes, cracks and crevices around your exterior and apply materials around potential pest entryways.
For the fall, Truly Nolen Atlantas process begins with removing spider webs from ceilings, light fixtures, doorframes, windowsills and exposed beams indoors, then moving outside to do the same under eaves and around windows and doors. The Four Seasons process continues on the exterior of your home by:
- Dust treating exterior entry points from attic access points, to utility boxes and anywhere in between
- Treating outdoor hot spots, like potential pest habitats and food sources.
- Sealing or caulking any and all cracks and crevices where insects may gain entry to your home in the winter.
- Spreading bait granules in mulch, rock beds, thick grass and other decorative landscape features, like walkways, patios and along driveways.
- Strategically placing rodent monitoring stations, as needed in critical areas.
Make a New Years Resolution You Can Keep
Make this year the year you keep a New Years resolution. Keeping your home pest-free throughout the year is Truly Nolen Atlantas mission. Call today (678) 561-2847 to learn more about our innovative, proactive Four Seasons approach to pest control and to schedule a free inspection.