Mosquito are annoying and their bites can lead to itchy skin. They can also make you extremely sick due to the fact they are carriers of several deadly diseases including West Nile, Zika, malaria, chikungunya, meningitis, and various forms of encephalitis , including Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE.) (There is currently no evidence that COVID-19, a respiratory disease, is spread through mosquito bites.) Mosquitoes can also infect your pets with heart worms and other diseases. It is crucial to take necessary steps to protect yourself, your family, and your pets against these flying pests.
Personal Mosquito Control and Protection
Here are some tips from Truly Nolen Atlanta to protect your home and family from mosquitos this summer:
- Personal repellents: DEET, Picaridan, and oil of lemon eucalyptus are some of the most effective ingredients, but there are a variety of other personal insect repellent options.
- Defensive dressing: Tightly woven materials are more difficult for mosquitos to bite through.
- Choose your time outdoors: Stay indoors during dawn and dusk hours when most female mosquitoes are feeding.
- Eliminate breeding sites: Eliminating larvae is much more efficient than attempting to eliminate adult mosquitoes. Mosquitos love laying their eggs in standing water (as little as a tablespoon) and moist soil so it is crucial to identify and eliminate any areas of standing water around your home, including bird baths, tree holes, gutters, sprinkler heads, and shady areas.
Truly Nolen’s 5-Step Solution
When DIY steps are just not enough, it’s time to call the professionals. Not all pest control companies can provide widespread mosquito control, but Truly Nolen Atlanta offers a 5-Step Solution for mosquito protection.
- Inspection: After an initial customer interview, our technician will perform a thorough visual inspection of your entire property to identify your unique pest situation and then determine a customized course of action.
- Resting Sites: Our technician then uses a power sprayer or backpack mister to treat the perimeter up to 50 feet away from the structure and all dense vegetation up to a height of 6 feet.
- Post Bite Sites: Our technician will then address and treat post bite sites within 10 feet of the bite zone and up to 3 feet from ground level focusing on common places where mosquitoes rest after a blood meal as they prepare to lay eggs, such as around doors and windows.
- Moisture Control: Our technician will apply a small amount of granular larvicide to suspected breeding sites and areas where moisture collects like ponds, ditches, fountains, tree holes, potted plants, and sprinkler heads.
- Programmable Misting Machine: Programmable misting machines are an additional option foreliminating adult flying insects.
Partner with Truly Nolen Atlanta for a Mosquito-Free Summer
Protect your family and your pets with mosquito protection from Truly Nolen. Our knowledgeable pest professionals can properly identify your current and potential pest problems and establish a plan suited specifically to your circumstances. Call us at (678) 827-2847 to make an appointment or fill out our online form to schedule your free inspection today!