Truly here to help.
Though pest control isn’t your immediate concern after a hurricane, severe storms cause major pest problems in the months that follow them. Here are some issues to be aware of and tips to protect your home and family.
As always, our goal is to make sure our customers and communities are safe, if you have any pest-related concerns call us or schedule a free inspection.
- Rain and water destroy habitats, so insects – especially ants and roaches – are seeking new shelter indoors. Identify and close any entry points where pests can get in.
- Spoiled food attracts pests, so get rid of food that has gone bad due to loss of power.
- An increase in moisture and sitting water will lead to an excess of mosquitos. Eliminate as much water as you can out of your home and property.
- Heavy rain breaks down previous layers of protection, so insects will run rampant.
- Contact us to remove any pests and treat your home to prevent further infestation
- Since rodent habitats and food sources have been disrupted, they’ll seek food and shelter inside. Thoroughly sanitize your home – remove trash, spoiled food, and even cardboard boxes rodents use for their nests.
- Structural damage makes it easy for rodents to get into buildings. Mice can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime, so close off as many entry points as possible.
- Contact us to trap and remove rodents and treat and monitor your home for potential future infestations.
- Moisture in the ground and humidity in the air increase probability of termite activity.
- Moisture in buildings increases mold in walls and insulation attracts termites.
- Treatment damage on average costs $7,900, so treat your home as soon as possible.
- Roof damage and leaks cause damage to insulation, so it may need to be removed and replaced. Check to see if you have any leaks, and contact us for a thorough inspection.
- Truly Nolen is a certified installer of TAP (thermal acoustical pest control) insulation. This sustainable insulation uses boron to help eliminate pests while reducing energy costs in your home.
- Contaminated water and storm-related damage can spread bacteria and viruses.
- Truly Nolen will spray down any exposed areas to completely sanitize homes.
Our technicians are ready to discuss your pest concerns and provide a solution that is best suited for your home or business. Contact us today to schedule a FREE pest control inspection!